By: Robyn Quinn, Executive Assistant to John McQuillan, CEO
Do you find yourself looking at your New Year's resolutions (because they should be written down) and wondering what went wrong?
Here are some suggestions to make your goals a reality!
- List out all your personal and professional goals (if they aren't already) and I mean all of them. The list might be long but that is a good thing.
- Trim down your list. I personally have 5-6 goals per-list and 3 lists. Personal and home improvements stay on my fridge at home and professional goals stay at work, believe me, it's much less overwhelming to group them.
- Timing of your goals should be established, do you want to leave them all open ended or have some for the first 6 months of the year and others for the end of the year.
- After the first month or so, reevaluate your goals to keep them current and fresh. If they need to be switched around do it and if you have any completed any keep them on but cross them off. Now that is satisfying!
- Spread the word, talk about your goals with friends and find out if they have goals, it will make the experience much more positive and fun!