12-Hour IATA Dangerous Goods Training
$995 ($695 if attendee supplies IATA Regulations Book)
This training is designed to instruct shippers on how to properly offer dangerous goods for shipment by air according to the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Regulations. All shippers of dangerous goods, using most of the major domestic and international cargo and passenger airlines, must follow the current edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods regulations.
The training includes the following agenda items:
- Shipper’s Responsibilities
- Limitations, Prohibitions, Variations and Exceptions
- Classification of Dangerous Goods
- Use of the List of Dangerous Goods
- General Packaging Requirements
- Packing Instructions
- UN-Specification Packaging Standards
- Proper Application of Markings, Hazard Labels, and Handling Labels
- Proper Completion of Dangerous Goods Declarations and Air Waybills
IATA training is considered supplemental to, and a function-specific element of, DOT hazardous materials training, and is required every 36 months. This training may serve as a refresher or initial training.